It’s Tuesday and Labor Day is over. It’s back to school, for real now. 🙂
May this be a incredible year! Here are some the things to make sure that this year gets off to a good track:
- Make sure you have a current copy of this year’s IEP
- Touch base with your child’s teacher, your child’s speech teacher, and all the other school personnel that work with your child…maybe just to say hi, but make contact
- Tell your child’s teachers some awesome things about your child! And let them know some ways that you’d like to work together to support your child and their student
- Let the school staff know all the ways that you can be contacted-and be honest if there is a method that you just don’t use…tell people at school the #1 way to contact you
- I’m sure you know this but I’m going to say it again and again! Be involved and support the school in ways that are not directly related to advocating for your child..Go to the Fall Open House! Join PTO. Volunteer at the Fall carnival. Be a friend of the school and that will go far in building relationships.