Summer IEP for PARENTS:
Got Game? Games, Activities, and Sports
Summer IEP for Parents--Games, Activities, and Sports
Welcome to the third round of the Summer IEP for PARENTS-- Games, Activities and Sports!
Hope everyone is feeling good about doing some fun activities and using lots of language! This week is more of the same-Games, Activities, and Sports. Regardless of the hot SC sun, summer is still a perfect time for fun. Family activities, silly games, outings to see your favorite team play, and playing cards are all ways to add a little more vocabulary development. It doesn’t have to be structured or elaborate, but it does need to be engaging.
One rule: Have fun and talk*! *Talk, sign, cue, write...just do language.
Grab a Language Lab and start brainstorming. Here are more ideas to get you going.
- Board game ideas to develop language- https://beverlyhillsspeechtherapy.com/blog/games-and-activities-for-kids-in-speech-therapy/
- Older kids games-requires a little prep work but fun https://www.write-out-loud.com/public-speaking-games.html
- New blog for me, but I can’t wait to read it all. When I see the word “speech” I always translate it to “all the language.” So, check out Mommy Speech Therapy’s idea summer language building at https://mommyspeechtherapy.com/?p=2676 .
- Printable games-many with visual directions to help build some independence. https://www.speakingofspeech.com/therapy-games.html
- No-cost family activity night ideas! https://smartmoneymamas.com/35-fantastic-free-family-activities-for-your-weekend/
- Older kids’ activity ideas http://www.speechtx.com/language/teen_and_adult_activities.htm